Thursday, September 18, 2008

Richard Simmons

YES YOU CAN!!!!

Walking back from dinner tonight - oh yummy, yummy Sodex'ho, how I love thee [especially when it's steak night - a vegetarian's one night in heaven.] I saw the Garey/ Hatley bash wrapping up. Everyone was dressed up in 50s attire - my favorite era - and most looked precious.

So I ask you, ladies - why can you not look precious every day? Obviously you are capable.

There will be no bad comments today as I am too saddened by your apathy to be my normal, upbeat, snarky self.

Two photos, however.

Cole Speck was wearing fabulous tassel earrings today. Beyond adorable.




A bit hard to see, [phone cameras are the worst] but these were gold tassels made of chain. Love.



And Rachel Hoile looked smashing in her [probably thrifted - I LOVE thrifting] pink shift.



Totes presh, yes?

Please dress like this on a regular day. If people stare it's only because you look amazing.



"Fashions fade, style is eternal."
-Yves Saint Laurent


EDIT:

I went to Faith & Film forum tonight. [Don't judge me - they were showing Lars and the Real Girl.] I reaffirmed my hatred for a certain style of hair.

Dread Locks. They are beyond disgusting. Nothing says "I don't bathe" more than a head full of nappy-ass hair nuggets sticking out all over your head. You are not a rasta. Cut that shit off and wash your damn hair.

2 comments:

Marcus Powers said...

I know of what and who you talk about.

AMEN.

Dani said...

I'm talking about two kids. I'm sure you know one all too well.