Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ralphing

Long break. Apologies.


Yesterday there wasn't anything too horrific, but there was a fabulous high-waisted nearly-neon pink pencil skirt that I feel is worth mentioning. [I am loving neon, even though it is not "in" this fall - I've recently purchased an acid yellow cable-knit sweater, and a flannel print scarf of that same yellow and black.] It was worn with a black fitted t-shirt, which I find to be a bit safe, but I'm not going to make a big stink about it.



Good:

Ralph Lauren big pony Polo. Yes Rachel Zoe, I die. [For OKC RL is a pretty big deal.]


Bad:

Pink and purple zebra print handkerchief hem tunic. On a rather large young lady. [Please girls, come talk to me. I will help you dress in a manner flattering to your body type. It's not hard, I promise.] She looked like a circus tent. That is not hyperbole.

Ugly:

I JUST got stopped on the sidewalk by a girl a barely know who insisted on carrying on a ten minute conversation with me about nothing. At least I think it was nothing. I didn't hear a word she said because . . . . . . . . Her teeth were yellow. And not I-just-ate-a-Cheeto yellow. They were my-last-toothbrush-was-a-stocking-stuffer yellow. And there was that white goop all along the gum-line. How can I even comment on fashion when this place clearly has bigger issues with hygiene?


Tomorrow I want to see a new haircut. The Vickie Becks is a little tired. [It is becoming the style of choice for soccer moms nationwide.]




"Fashions fade, style is eternal."
- Yves Saint Laurent

3 comments:

Marcus Powers said...

Hey, Ralph is a big deal anywhere. He is THE quintessential American designer.

Dani said...

Too true. I missed the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, BTW. Meaning I missed his outfits in action. Tres disappointed.

Marcus Powers said...

Well...the outfits were alright. A bit safe. But I guess when you're working for the good ol' US of A, you kind of have to stick with safe. They served their purpose well.