Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Backpacks and beads

Before I get to pictures, there is something I'd like to say.

The most stylish thing you can do is be courteous of those around you. That being said, be aware of the girth of your backpacks. I am 5'0". I realize you may not see me standing near you in chapel or in the 'Ho, but that doesn't change the fact that I am, indeed, standing there. When you fail to pay attention and swing your fattened sacks around, they hit me in the face. This gives me rage.

What does this have to do with style?:
1. Courtesy is always in fashion.
2. Your backpack could potentially scrape up my face, making me look sub-chic for days.
3. When I have rage I judge you quickly and harshly. And I am known to hold a wicked grudge.
4. Your backpacks are fugly. I can see them more closely than you - they're eye-level for me.

Pay attention. That's all I ask. Otherwise I may be forced to make a snide comment to your face. You don't want that. I'm very good at forming hurtful phrases. It's a gift.

Kisses,
Dani.

Ok, now on to the reason you are all here.

Yesterday I somewhat posed a challenge to SNU males, imploring them to try a little harder. Two gentlemen may have been trying a hair too hard today.





Full suits. In Brian's defense [top photo], he had a design presentation this morning. Cody [bottom photo] just wanted to play Ken. Trying too hard? Maybe. But I'll take the suits over muscle Ts and basketball shorts any day.


Other strange happenings:
I was sitting in chapel preparing for a superbly revelatory speech on Christian sexuality when I noticed a young lady in the row in front of my had something stuck in her hair. As I was about to inform her that there was something unsightly dangling in her hair I realized that the object was intentionally placed there.



Hair wrap. With beads.

Yep. That just happened.

I haven't worn those, nor have I seen them worn, outside the context of junior-high church camp.



[I completely forgot this young lady's name. My B.]
Clean + modern + a slight preppie influence = adorbs. And the best thing I've seen so far today. [I am a HUGE fan of argyle, BT Dubs.]


Hopefully I will see something life-shattering at dinner tonight. I'm really being let down on all fronts.

Sundresses tomorrow, ladies. Enjoy the last warm days while you can.

"Fashions fade, style is eternal."
-Yves Saint Laurent

2 comments:

Marcus Powers said...

I one day hope to make your blog. We'll see.

And, yes...they are trying too hard.

Dani said...

That's sweet. It may not happen. Read the next post.