Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Banksy

Today was not a success.

In fact it's failure might be indicative of the potential return of the cape kids. Let's pray that winter comes and goes without their presence.



Good:

Two highlights today. Hoorah!

1. Cute hooded jacket, in almost a bomber-cut, bright blue and black lumber-jack flannel print. I'm loving oversized flannel patterns lately.

2. Crisp button down shirt, black, with fairly intricate white embroidery. Classic. Good job.





Bad:

O-V-E-R-S-I-Z-E-D hoodie worn with tiny cotton shorts and wellies. [Today was fairly cold and rainy.] Those shorts are appropriate in the dorm room or in cheer practice, ladies.




Ugly:

And, damn. Do I mean UGLY. [It took all my strength not to start crying hysterically.]

Jeans. Signed by high-school comrades, no doubt. They were completely covered in Sharpie signatures of all colors. Worn with what, you ask? A Joseph-and-the-Amazing-Technicolor-Dreamcoat quilted jacket. Waist length. With heart-shaped pockets.

I haven't seen Skittle puke like that since my dance coach had a lapse of costuming judgment six years ago. And even then, those babies were made for the stage, not the street.


Listen here, baby. Just because Dolce and Gabbana did graffiti pants [and not even recently, mind you - I believe they came out in the early days of Sex and the City, unless I'm mistaken] does not justify what you did today.

I consider outfits like that a genuine form of terrorism.


Tomorrow I'd like to see a lovely [pressed] knee-length garden-party dress. If the weather is agreeable, of course.



"Fashions fade, style is eternal."
Yves Saint Laurent

No comments: