Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sex Pot

So . . . someone looked exceptionally fantastic today.

Purple belted shift with a 60s style scoop neckline, fabulous 6" tan snakeskin super-pointed toe pumps, 3/4 sleeve black trench coat, 7 strand pearl necklace à la Breakfast at Tiffany's, large cream-colored cocktail ring.

Anybody see her? Anybody? [Ok, ok, ok - It was me. I couldn't resist. What's the point of commenting on SNU style if I never mention myself?]

The rest of this campus really needs to step it up. I can't be constantly blogging about the same handful of people. It gets old. [Not that I don't love all of my regs.]

I'm sorry for the lack of posts. My DC fans - and by fans I mean fan - informed me this afternoon that they "miss posts."

So far I haven't seen anything too horrible outside of the hoodie brigade, but I haven't had dinner yet. There is still plenty of time.

I promise a full update later tonight, complete with highlights from Monday and Tuesday.

"Fashions fade, style is eternal."
-
Yves Saint Laurent

EDIT:

Re-Cap:
Tuesday:
Good: red skinny jeans. Colored denim [on an individual who knows how to rock it] is an excellent choice. [Though it was in vogue last year, it's perfectly appropriate to wear it this season in OKC. They're five years behind anyway.]

Wednesday:
Heinous: Tan. Stained. Stretched-out. TINKERBELL T-SHIRT!

Mm, mm, mm. I don't even know what to say about that.

Except that I stopped wearing Disney memorabilia [except when worn completely for kitsch - and even then, stylishly] in the third grade because it was dorky. I would not even wear that t-shirt to bed.

People see you when you go outside. Did you know? Now you do.

Ladies - if it has stains, throw it out. If it doesn't fit, throw it out. If it is screen-printed with kittens, Cinderella, or the words "hot stuff," throw it out. You're all adults now. Please start dressing like it. Who knows - someone might actually take you seriously.





Stephen tell
s me to I need to start highlighting more guys on the Wasteland. Ok, Vandervorten.

That means until Marcus Powers returns or David Lawrence decides to come back and get a second degree, you'll be stuck with me rambling about how well Jeremy Schroeder dresses. [And since winter is coming he's only going to start looking better and better.]

You SNU boys really need to start stepping it up. Frankly, you girls do too.

Thanks to Andrew Tucker for wearing a sweater vest. [Was that today?] I'm glad to see someone other than Jeremy putting forth an effort.

Nothing super great today. At least not from anyone who doesn't look cute on a regular basis. I remember something about a sundress this morning, but it apparently wasn't memorable enough for me to even recall what color it was. Meh.

So here's what we're going to talk about, because I've been noticing this a lot. A lot, a lot.

Bra fit.

Ladies, if you've never been properly fitted for a bra, call me. We'll go down to Victoria's and get you all sized up. I'll even hold your hand if you're scared. It's high time you know what size you really are.

Muscling yourself into a 36" band does not make you a 36C. Just because you can get it on does not mean it fits.

You know what happens when your bra does not fit properly?

1. Your girls look funny. Sometimes you get a line along the top of your bust due to the gap between the cup and your breasts. It's not cute. Sometimes the twins get squished up, giving them the not-so-desirable pancake breast effect. Also not cute.

2. You get prominent back rolls. Yes, sometimes your body is shaped that way, but more often than not these folds are due to the fact that your band is 4" too small. If you're a 42, then you're a 42. If you're a 34, then you're a 34. If you're a 57, then you're a 57. Ain't no shame in it. Not only is band pinch not very attractive, your body is being constricted. Circulation is being cut off. You are causing your body pain and potential damage.

What happens when your bra does fit properly?

1. Your clothes look better. [Except for that Tinkerbell shirt.]
2. Your confidence will be raised. [Trust me, nothing makes you feel better than wearing a great bra. Except for a lavender truffle.]
3. Your posture will improve. You will stand up straighter, reducing back pain, fatigue, and other health problems PLUS you will look oh so pretty. [Good posture makes you look taller, thinner, and more confident. Try it. It's magic.]

Please, buy things that fit. Pretty please. It's for your own good, really.

You're all too pretty to wear ugly, misshapen, ill-fitting clothing.

EDIT 2:

Yesterday MLP wore "
[g]rey-ish seer-sucker pants, black polo-shirt, black double-breasted cardigan and black lace-ups. Very professional, but not sacrificing any style."

Boys. Please take notes.

Also -- if I don't see you when you look fabulous, send me pics, or a text, or something via pony express. If you see something delightfully unfortunate SEND ME A PICTURE! Note the post where I commented on a student at OU. I take tips from outside sources.

6 comments:

Marcus Powers said...

"DC fans."

Oooh. That's me, that's me!

If you would've seen me yesterday, you'd have commented. Grey-ish seer-sucker pants, black polo-shirt, black double-breasted cardigan and black lace-ups. Very professional, but not sacrificing any style. I looked hot, I'm not gonna lie.

And your outfit o' the day sounds hot too. Good going, yo.

Dani said...

Make someone take a picture of you and send it to me. Since you're still an SNU student you fall under my jurisdiction.

You can make the Wasteland this semester. I know you've been dreaming of seeing your name on my page.

Anonymous said...

Danielle- Danielle. Your blog is great!

Marcus Powers said...

Hells yeah, I have been dying to see my name on here (for better OR worse...seriously).

I almost took a picture yesterday, but I couldn't get my phone out fast enough. Plus, I'm not sure my phone takes quality pictures. But we'll test it out.

rennt said...

I found something for you.
Granted, it wasn't at SNU, but it certainly was within the mile radius.
Pastel floral sleep pants, pastel floral knit top (min. four sizes too small) with puckered sleeves, one inside out, (what I assumed to be) fluffy slippers whose fluff had long-since expired, and a sassy-phrase t-shirt showing through (along the lines of DRAMA QUEEN! or U wanna?! or something).
It took me several minutes to determine whether or not it was a Grade A romper sighting, the floral prints were so in tune with the shirt.
This was in public, mind you. Not in the annals of Full House sleepwear. Had I been swifter with my camera I might have contributed to your collection.

mishelleyb said...

mlp!!!!it is so great to see you in fashionable "real time!" hurray for stylish boys in dc.