Monday, October 6, 2008

Wellies in the jungle.

Everyone is wearing them today, some better than others. It was rainy this morning, so I'll allow it.

The most tragic wellie sighting were hideous purple ones paired with some wide-legged capris. No bueno. [Also no picture. It seems that some offenders have been working on their hustle. Hmm, wonder why that could be . . .]

Reba Baker. Your black jumper was precious.

The pop of silver was a nice touch, and a good proportion for the dress.
It was worn with wellies, but since today was puddly, I'm not complaining.

Ok, apparently I did not read October's Vogue or Elle closely enough. I saw that they both stated that wide legs are circling back around, but somewhere there must have been a spread featuring gigantic cuffs that I just completely missed.


Indeed, that just happened. Again.
The bigger problem with this pair is that these are apparently bell bottoms. Meaning the flare is now almost at that girl's knee. Bad choices.

Now, I know today was puddly, which probably explains the cuffing, but this was on the 4th floor. Around noon. The puddles had long since dried up. [Those jeans tucked into a pair of bright green wellies would have been darling, BT Dubs. I actually love rain boots. Just not ugly ones. And only when worn stylishly.]

[Please note that even cuffed those pants are almost the right length. Meaning they are at least 5 inches too long for that girl. At 5'0", I feel your pain. But honey, they do make shorter jeans. Short length at ON and AE. Ankle at Gap. Petite at virtually every other brand. Buckle will hem jeans purchased there for free, jeans purchased outside the Buckle for a small fee. Most dry-cleaners have minor tailoring services available. Please, take care of that business.]

Shauna exhibited the correct way to wear a hoodie. Thank you. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for someone to wear an adorable hoodie.

Fitted and with flair. Please, please, please, if you're going to wear a hoodie, wear a cute one. Something that displays your personality, not oversized SNU BS. If your personality is oversized SNU BS, let's find you some new interests. You are in serious need of expanding your horizons.

John McCall!

That blue is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S.
And I don't think I'll ever get tired of vests. Classic. I love them so.
Boys - see how good you can look and still wear jeans? See?

On a self indulgent note: today I gave tribute to Axl Rose. Many of you thought I was taking style direction from Erykah Badu. Why you thought of her before Axl, I can't quite figure out. [Have you even listened to her music? Ever? Challenge (this does not include MLP): Off the top of your head name 3 Guns 'N Roses songs. Now name 3 of Erykah's. Can't do it, can you? Thought as much.] Their styles are completely different, and my updated Axl was spot on - as in perfect. You failed my icon test. Miserably. [On a random note, one person even said Bono. Have you ever seen Bono? Do you listen to U2? Obviously not.]



Perhaps you'll get the next one. [Maybe I'll start contests and give out prizes. Could be good.]

"Fashions fade, style is eternal"
-
Yves Saint Laurent

2 comments:

Marcus Powers said...

GnR:

"Welcome to the Jungle."
"Sweet Child O' Mine."
"Knockin' On Heaven's Door."

(Clearly, I went with the classics.)

Badu:

"The Healer."
"Tyrone."
"On and On."

I thought your Axl tribute was fairly straight-forward. I could see people not getting it immediately, but Erykah Badu? Bono? Um. No.

As for the cuffed look, it can look cool when cuffed to the knee and worn with a loose t-shirt. But those are just wrong. Unroll it once you get in the door. Not hard.

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay. I can laugh at myself. CLEARLY not the right answer. However, I know I've seen him at some point with a scarf on his head and he ALWAYS has the fabu sun glasses. That's where I was coming from, just so you don't think I'm completely nutso... though you probably still do. But I'm okay with that. :-) I do actually listen to U2, I obviously don't WATCH them much. I hang my head in shame.