Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Underground

Good afternoon, kids.

I'm posting from the refugee camp that is Hatley basement.

I could report on the sad state of affairs in regard to clothing down here, [there are copious amounts of bathrobes] however, given the situation I suppose free tornado passes are in order.

No shining star of the day as of yet. I highly doubt there will be one at all, seeing as I'm being made to trudge up and down and up the basement stairs a la Groundhog Day.

I will give you this:

9:15 AM: Unadulterated turquoise fitted baby-doll T-shirt. Very dingy white skinny jeans, which happened to be 3 sizes too small. Just what I wanted this morning: a muffin.

10:45 AM: Same turquoise tee. Same too-tight pants. Now paired with camel-colored over-the-knee boots. Thanks ever so much for kicking it up a notch.

Yes, Virginia, sometimes even basketball shorts are the better choice.

And now, a note for all you movie fans out there:

Please, don't wear your movie memorabilia tees anymore.

Today it's Twilight T-shirts. Tomorrow it's a Coraline hoodie. Before you know it, chaos ensues and then it's the era of the cape kids all over again.

You're not eight anymore. The Tinkerbell glitter purse is no longer adorable, let alone appropriate.

Let's all grow up a bit, hmm? You're 18+. I hate to sound like Mr. Darling, but you've had enough time in Never-Never Land.

It's time to get some big-girl panties, ladies.

"Fashions fade, style is eternal."
-Yves Saint Laurent

3 comments:

Marcus Powers said...

Don't worry. Saw that girl at dinner. She changed into basketball shorts.

katie johnson said...

A TINKERBELL GLITTER PURSE?!?!

oh, my...

Dani said...

You're preaching to the choir, sister.