Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cupid Shuffle

Hello, children.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day.

[If you're in love and stopped by the 'bucks on 36th and May Saturday evening you should know - your barista gave you decaf. She's not sorry.]

A few friends and I had dinner Saturday [no place screams romance quite so much as Friday's], and OKC's best dressed all turned up.

Favorite highlights included a young lady in a rhinestone tiara and a hyperpreg in a bright red velour tracksuit. I have five words for you, lady. A Pea in the Pod. I don't care if you are knocked up, tracksuits died in '02.

I'm still seeing little on campus worthy of note.

Thanks for not failing miserably, on the whole? I'd take a few tragedies here and there if it meant I could see a pretty dress walking around campus every once and a while. [David, Jeremy: I miss you.]

EDIT:

Clark tells me there was a fashion tragedy on the chapel stage this morning. Marcus, whom I trust more in these matters, informed me shortly after that it's simply baggy jeans and a striped tee. I'm reserving judgement until photo evidence is provided.



I hope everyone enjoyed the Grammy wrap-up. I expect I'll follow suit with the Oscars. I hope you're getting excited, kids. [If you follow me on Twitter you can expect another live commentary on Oscar night. You're welcome.]

"Fashions fade, style is eternal."
Yves Saint Laurent

9 comments:

Meg said...

Honey- I find it amusing that you pass fashion judgment on other people when you are kind of a scrub yourself. Isn't irony a scream?

Marcus Powers said...

Well, "Meg," I think you're wrong. I know for a fact that almost every day Danielle puts a lot of thought and time into her dress. It might not be everyone's cup of tea (personally, I think she looks great usually), but fashion is a taste issue.

If you look at the blog, you'll see that she offers ideas and tips to the offenders, not just basic judgment.

Get over yourself, Meg. Stop being a bitch. No one likes a blog troll. If you don't like it, kindly move on.

Marcus Powers said...

Oh, and I had the balls to use my actual account with a link to my blog so you'll know who I am, Meg.

Marcus Lee Powers.

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to go with MLP on this on "Meg" I think Danielle always looks very nice and put together. Aren't you being a hypocrite by "passing fashion judgement" on her? Do you even know her? You are being quite rude.

Meg said...

mlp- I am a junior and have never heard of you let alone seen you, but from the look of your picture you should not be passing judgment either. If fashion is a taste issue you have bad taste. You look like a little jerk who thinks he is a bad ass but doesn't have the balls to actually be one. And I am not being a coward. That is my real profile. I just don't have a blog. That is all. Go ahead and call me a bitch. Doesn't hurt my feelings.

Ashley Nicole- I have seen you and your pretty little face on campus with your nose in the air. You dress like you're from a cliche teen movie. Very "nice and put together" Boring. And I'm sorry if my comment was "quite rude" Life isn't always nice honey. But I guess a little white girl from suburbia like you hasn't experienced a bad day in your life. Except when you didn't get elected Homecoming Queen maybe...

Marcus Powers said...

Wow, Meg. I'm not going to stoop to the level of judgment. I don't know who you are and am not going to get to that. I'm so glad you're a junior and have never heard of me. To be frank, I'm not sure I'd want to be friends with you, if you're anything like the way your comments make you seem.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm some kind of fashion legend. I don't always look my best. But I certainly don't think I have bad taste and I'm damn sure there's no way of telling that from my small profile picture.

And I don't think I'm a bad ass. In fact, I'm quite boring and lame. So go ahead an assume all of that based on one comment. To quote you, "doesn't hurt my feelings."

But please, stop. Seriously. Being rude doesn't make you realistic, it makes you mean.

As for your comments to Ashley, I don't have to be nice.

Fuck you, Meg. Seriously. Ashley has never hurt anyone in her life. She is one of the sweetest, most genuine people I know. You have no fucking idea what her life is like, so please don't pass judgment based on what you think you've seen. That is petty, immature and stupid. Both Danielle and Ashley are kind people who do not deserve to be mocked from some anonymous commenter.

Grow up, Meg.

Meg said...

mlp- I find it quite comical that you are getting so defensive about me insulting your style when you are apparently a fan of this blog. And you sure got pissey when I gave a little dig to Miss Ashley Nicole. Wish you were fucking the RA Princess?

the resplendent meredith said...

Oh my gosh! Crazy person!

Unknown said...

uh oh....
looks like somebody's crazy is leaking out...